Monday, November 9, 2009

Build Muscle & Lose Fat At The Same Time?

Great post from Vince Del Monte...
http://losefatandgainmuscleblog.blogspot.com

To check out Your Six Pack Quest, click HERE

Today is going to be different - you’re going to help my girlfriend, Flavia, and I.

Flavia is in a wedding taking place in the Dominican Republic in two weeks and I’ll be accompanying her as her bodyguard, I mean boyfriend.

If you’ve ever been invited to a pool party, beach or hot vacation then you naturally do a quick mental assessment:

Is my body beach worthy?florida-flav-085

Even though I think my girlfriend is a knock out, she would tell you that she would like to be tighter and more ripped.

I’m not complaining.

I would tell her I want to be bigger and more shredded.

She’s not complaining.

Whatever beach physique you’re visualizing, we all want THAT body that drops jaws and is a walking symbol of hard work, dedication and will power.

If you’re like me, you take pride being one of the few people on vacation who is in shape - it makes standing in line at the buffet with all the out-of-shape people all the more satisfying.

For sure, eh?

So we’re looking for some advice today.

Should we have focused on building muscle for a few months then burn the fat?

Or burn all the fat first and then try to gain some muscle afterward?

Maybe we could have done both at the same time?

My belief and strategy has always been:

Chase one goal at once. If your goal is to build muscle and you lose some fat in the process, consider it a bonus. If your goal is to lose fat and you build muscle in the process, consider it a bonus.

I like to chase one goal at once for three reasons:

  1. It’s easier to follow one specific diet dedicated to one specific goal.
  2. It’s easier to dedicate one specific training plan dedicated to one specific goal.
  3. It’s easier to stay focused.

Is it possible to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time?

Absolutely.

Just look at my transformations and the the dozens of success stories on my website who continue to prove this over and over. Since building muscle and losing fat happens by manipulating hormones, not only calories, many clients experience the best of both worlds.

However, 95% of the time, the majority of clients that achieve both achieve this goal unintentionally.

Meaning, they have no idea how this phenomenal experience occurred. They did lots of goods things and good things happened. Some fitness experts would say in all seriousness, “You got lucky!”

There are a lot of factors that go into building muscle and losing fat at the same time:

  • Detailed nutrient timing
  • Unique weight training protocols
  • Advanced supplementation techniques
  • Very strategic dieting
  • Specific cardio sessions

Plus more.

I wish it was as easy as following a bodybuilding style training program and a fat loss style diet but it’s not as you may be able to testify to.

So Flavia and I want to hear from you today. What do you think is the best approach to building muscle and losing fat at the same time?

Is it even possible?

What has worked for you, training and diet wise, and what methods were ineffective for you?

The past 10 weeks Flavia and I have been experimenting with loads of brand new dieting and training techniques I’ve never released in any of my programs and going to start sharing them if you can start sharing your own knowledge.

At least 75 comments on my blog and I’ll be back tomorrow to set you up with a free report on how you can eat your favorite foods - including doughnuts, pizza and brownies - to lose fat and build muscle at the same time.

No joke.

I have pictures and video to prove it so lets’ get those comments going and this is going to be your healthiest holiday season ever.

Vince

P.S. This picture is of Flavia and I in Siesta Key, Florida while doing some fitness/business stuff. I’m 203 pounds and 9% fat in that picture. Three weeks away from the Dominican Republic!

florida-flav-097

Posted via email from losefatandgainmuscle's posterous

1 comment:

  1. Usually I do not post on blogs, but I would like to say that this article really forced me to do so! Thanks, really nice article.

    ReplyDelete