Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Day 33 - Today's Workout & Diet

Hi guys...

So here's my workout that I did this morning... EARLY this morning... I felt pretty good when I woke up and soon as I hit the gym I went straight to my workout:

Back:
- Lat Pulldown: 4 Sets X 12-15 Reps
- Seated Rows: 4 Sets X 12-15 Reps
- Reverse Grip Pulldowns: 4 Sets X 15 Reps
- T-Bar Rows: 4 Sets X 12-15 Reps

Biceps:
- Dumbell Hammer Curls: 4 Sets X 15 Reps
- Preacher Curls: 4 Sets X 15 Reps
- EZ Curls: 4 Sets X 15 Reps

Because my goal is to tone up and lose weight (as opposed to building mass), I was keeping my rest periods to a minute or so... And because of these short periods, the weight I was using was medium level... Not too heavy... Not too light...

In fact, I don't really lock myself to a certain amount of weight I lift... I go by feel. It should be light enough that I can do 12-15 reps... But heavy enough that by the time I hit my 12th or 15th rep, I am giving it all I got. Some days, this means going lighter and some days, this means I go heavier. It's all based on how I feel that day. Some people like locking themselves to a specific weight... and that's great. I simply do what works for me.

After working with weights, I hit cardio for 20 minutes on the treadmill. I walked briskly for 5 minutes... then ran for 1 minute... then walked for 1 minute... then ran for 1 minute... and repeated this walk/run interval until I hit 20 minutes on the treadmill. By the time I was done I was pretty fried and ready to EAT! For me, combining weights and cardio has worked for me and from what I've read it's the best way to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.

As far as my diet (so far... since it's only 3pm) has been pretty clean. When I got back from the gym, I had some turkey sausage and 2 slices of whole wheat toast. I also had a low-carb protein shake and 2 cups of coffee.

Then about 3 hours later, I had a pretty big sandwich. Actually it was more like a PILE of turkey between 2 slices of whole wheat bread (LOL). I had a huge bottle of water to wash it all down.

Then 3 hours later, I had a low-carb protein shake... And as I write this, I'm having another turkey sandwich.

For dinner, I plan on having a turkey burger or two. And about an hour and a half before going to bed, I'll probably have another low-carb protein shake. And don't forget... MORE WATER!

My goal is to lose fat and gain muscle so I'm trying to keep protein high and carbs limited...

Till tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment