Wednesday, November 4, 2009

90 Day Transformation - Day 35 - Workout And Diet

So today was my LEG day... I don't really like LEG days because they're pretty brutal but at least it's also the day where I only workout one bodypart (as opposed to my other day where I usually group 2 or 3 bodyparts together).  So this was my workout today:
 
Legs
- Leg Extensions:  4 Sets X 15 Reps
- Leg Press:  4 Sets X 15 Reps
- Squat Machine:  4 Sets X 15 Reps
- Leg Curls:  4 Sets X 15 Reps
 
As I mentioned in my previous post, I normally vary the amount of weight I use... as long as I can get 15 good reps.  And because I'm trying to lose weight, I kept rest between sets to a minute to a minute and a half (I need to get rest time to 45 seconds to 60 seconds). 
 
After I finished my leg workout, I did 20 minutes of cardio on the treadmill.  I did it interval-style... meaning after I warmed up (brisk walk) for 5 minutes, I ran for 1 minute... then walked for 1 minute... then ran for 1 minute... then walked for 1 minute... and cycled like that until I hit 20 minutes on the treadmill.
 
Some people do cardio every other day..  but since my goal is to lose fat and gain muscle, I try to do 20 minutes of cardio after my weight training with every workout.
 
My diet so far has been pretty healthy today...
 
Whenever I come back from the gym (after a workout), I usually have my biggest meal of the day... then through the course of the day I usually taper down the size of the meals and also cut carbs towards the end of the day.
 
My 1st meal:
- 4 egg whites
- 3 slices of whole wheat toast
- Protein shake
- Coffee and water
 
My 2nd meal:
- Protein shake
 
My 3rd meal:
- BIG Bowl of oatmeal
- Turkey Sandwich
 
My 4th meal:
- Protein shake
- 2 Bananas
 
My 5th meal (which I'm having later)
- Chili (Ground turkey & kidney beans)
 
My 6th meal (an hour and half before bed)
- Protein shake
 
As you can see, I try to get in about 6 SMALL meals a day... instead of 3 big meals.  This helps your metabolism run faster and keeps you from getting too full or too hungry (the latter causing you to overeat).  Speeding up your metabolism like this will help you lose fat.  And as always... as much water as I can drink! :-) 

Posted via email from losefatandgainmuscle's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment